Thursday, November 29, 2012

NFL Week 13- Early Starters

Ok let's get right to it! Week 13 is the final week of my yahoo non ppr fantasy football league's regular season schedule. Let's begin with my locks to start on my team:

QB Matthew Stafford
Matthew Stafford is my starting qb. In fact, he is the only qb on my roster. That will change next week as the rosters will lock for the playoffs. I will need to pick up a back up heading into the playoffs in case of an injury. Right now I am using the extra roster spot for a wide receiver.  Stafford has been a bit of a let down this year. I drafted him third in the second round and hoped he would continue to improve on the amazing season he had last year. He is on pace to have another 5,000 yard season, but his touchdowns are WAY down. He has had issues connecting with Megatron in the end zone this year.  Stafford is by far the best option available to me at qb.  My league mates are conservative and mostly keep a back up qb on their rosters all season.  The Lions play the Colts this week. The Colts defense is mediocre and fairly weak against the pass. This should be a good match up for me.

WR#1 AJ Green



AJ Green is my stud wideout. If this guy is playing, I am starting him no matter what the match up is.  The only time I would sit him, would be if he was going up against Revis, which is not a concern this year.







WR#2 Eric Decker

Percy Harvin is my usual #2 wideout. He has missed a couple of weeks with an ankle injury. Harvin sprained his ankle in three places. He practiced limited on Wed., but did not practice today.  I highly doubt he will play this week, despite his reputation for having a high pain tolerance. So, Eric Decker gets bumped up to #2. Decker had been on fire earlier in the season, but has cooled of late.  Hopefully a favorably match up vs. the Bucs is what the doctor ordered to get him back on track. Tampa Bay has given up the most fantasy points per game to wide receivers in the league.




WR#3 TY Hilton in his college days.

Because of the injury to Percy Harvin, I've had to go to a committee for my last wideout spot. I had been using Donnie Avery of the Colts for a couple weeks. He was consistently matching his projections, nothing outstanding, but a pretty steady option. After watching Andrew Luck and the Colts passing attack one day, I determined that you can't have enough of this guy's targets on your team. TY Hilton was available and I picked him up. Hilton is actually a very similar kind of player to Percy Harvin. He returns punts just like Percy does and he also runs the reverse like Percy does. He is still pretty rough around the edges, but this kid is the real deal. Avery has been on the decline since he received a concussion a couple of weeks ago. Hilton seems to have cut into Avery's targets and since he has a greater upside, I will be going with Hilton this week.

RB#1 Muscle Hamster

Doug Martin has been an absolute fantasy monster in his rookie year. I had no idea what a bright spot he would be on my roster when I drafted him. His week 9 massacre of the Raiders was one of the highest fantasy point scores ever. He has earned my RB #1 slot and I will start him pretty much regardless of match up. Denver is tough against the run, but I will take my chances with Muscle Hamster.






RB#2 Alfred Morris

I was #1 on the waiver list after week 1 and I used the spot to pick up Washington RB Alfred Morris. It has worked out well for me because my #2 back was DeMarco Murray, who went down with a foot injury early in the season.  Morris has a tough match up with the Giants, but he burned them a few weeks ago. I am hoping to possibly get Murray back this week. If that happens, Murray would take my flex spot, but I'll talk about that later in the week...





TE Jimmy Graham

Jimmy Graham was my first round pick ( I picked 10 of 12) this season. He missed a couple of games due to injury, but overall has been pretty good. I was torn on whether to take him or Gronk. It looks like I had luck on my side since Gronk is done for the season. Graham had a great game vs. Atlanta earlier this year, hopefully he can continue that success against them tonight.




These are the locks to start on my team in week 13. I still haven't decided who I will start in my flex, kicker, and defense spots. I'll get back to you on those later in the week. I will also be doing a write up on the new additions I made to my roster this week. Thanks for reading!



                                                                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment