Friday, November 30, 2012

Week 13 Pickups

   I made a couple of roster changes this week. The moves I made were meant to sure up my roster heading into the playoffs. My theory is you can never have enough wide receivers and running backs on your team.  The players at these positions get injured frequently.  Last year I had 3 running backs go down after the rosters locked in the playoffs.  It is also important to keep your bench relevant.  Try and stock it with guys who are currently producing. If your league allows you a certain amount of roster moves, be aggressive with them.  Injuries will happen, it is imperative to plan ahead to minimize the effect it will have on your game day performance.

Beanie Wells
   My first pickup this week was Beanie Wells. Beanie just came back from an injury and had a two touchdown performance in his first game back. I dropped Larod Stephens-Howling to pick him up. Both these players are running backs for the Cardinals. LSH was filling in for Wells while Wells was injured. Now that Wells has returned, LSH becomes less relevant. If you have an opportunity to pick up a starting running back, you take it.  It comes down to touches, if a guy is a starter he gets the ball more, which means he will get you more guaranteed points.   To me this is a better option over most goal line backs. Unless a goal line back is on an extremely high powered offense, he may get you 20 points one week and then 0 the next. This is problematic when you have to plug them in for another player due to injury at the last minute. In my opinion, you want the option in this scenario that is least dependent on match up. I will even take a guy who splits carries with another back over most goal line backs.

   My other pickup this week is wide receiver Mohammed Sanu. Sanu has 4 touchdowns in the last 3 games for the Bengals. He is becoming a legitimate threat in the end zone and since Andrew Hawkins went down with an injury, has established himself as the #2 receiver on a pass heavy offense behind wideout AJ Green. Sanu also gets bonus points from me because he is a fellow Jersey boy,. He grew up about 10 minutes from me and went to Rutgers (state college of New Jersey). Jersey Strong Baby! I dropped the Vikings defense to make room for Sanu.  I don't have a steady defense this year and I had used the Vikings a few weeks ago. They were taking up an extra roster spot, so it was an easy decision. Unfortunately, Sanu injured himself yesterday (the day after I picked him up off the waiver wire) at practice.  His week 13 status is not looking good  and I will have to keep an eye open for details on his injury to see if he stays on my playoff roster.

   I will cover my last minute starts later in the week, as well as any relevant fantasy information that becomes available. Thanks for reading and stay tuned!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment