Friday, November 30, 2012

Week 13 Injury Report

    Bad news for those who picked up Mohammed Sanu. As I had mentioned in my previous post, he hurt himself in practice yesterday. Turns out he has a stress fracture in his foot that requires surgery, which he will have Monday.  He will probably end up on IR.
Percy Harvin is doubtful to play this weekend.
    Another injury that has kind of gone under the radar is that of David Akers. I have had Akers on my team all season and his accuracy seemed a bit off this year. I watched the Niners game last week and noticed a shot of Akers bending over in pain after missing a field goal. Apparently he has been playing injured and the Niners are now bringing in other kickers to take a look at. He was limited in practice yesterday.
  Percy Harvin did not practice Thursday and is doubtful to play this weekend. I expected this after hearing about the hard time he had at practice on Wednesday.
  The Cowboys are optimistic about DeMarco Murray's chances to play this week. It would be great for me to get him back going into the playoffs.   I like to use a running back in my flex spot because I feel they are the most reliable at getting points.  I picked up Felix Jones when Murray went down with the injury.  I often pick up the player who will fill in for the starter on my roster that is injured.  If you follow your team closely, many times you are able to pick them up before your league mates know there is even an opportunity.  Jones has been pretty reliable at making his projections, but he is starting to get banged up.  Once Murray is officially back, I will drop Jones for someone with more opportunities to produce.
Big Ben out vs. Ravens
  Another piece of fantasy relevant news today is that Big Ben Roethlisberger has been ruled out against the Ravens this week. Ben is not on my team, but he is on my opponent's team this week.  My opponent will be starting his back up, Andy Dalton. Dalton should be a decent fill in for Big Ben because the Bengals are pass heavy.

No comments:

Post a Comment