Monday, December 3, 2012

NFL Week 13 Fantasy Football High Fives, Bro Fists, and Bombs.

  Week 13 finishes up the regular season in most Yahoo leagues, including mine.  I closed out the season with a 135.02 to 80.84 victory over the last place team in my league.  My record is 11-2 going into the playoffs and I am the number one seed.  I have developed a unique rating system to grade the individual performances of the players on my fantasy team. If a player exceeded his projections, he gets the ultimate celebratory affirmation of one's prowess, the high five. If a player meets or comes near to meeting his projections, he gets the modern day version of the ass smack, the brofist. If a player does not come any where near his projections, he gets nuked... As you can see, my rating system is similar to the one Dr. Evil uses to grade his minions. The My Bad Brah award goes to the player or players who had exceptional performances but were on my bench. So let's get to it!

                                                             High Fives

FLEX: Demarco Murray- Murray got the start Sunday night vs. the Eagles and oh my was it good to have him back.  The Cowboys had said if he did start, Murray would be used in a limited roll.   I knew this guy had to be itching to get back on the field and a juicy matchup vs. the struggling Eagles was just too good to pass up.  It was a gamble to put Murray in my flex spot because of his questionable game status. He was also playing the Sunday night game which usually leaves you with little alternatives left to substitute. Luckily I had an insurance policy in Murray's backup, Felix Jones, on my bench.  Murray was strong in his return, running for 83 yards with a touchdown.  He also had 4 receptions for 19 yards. Murray doubled his projections with 20.20 fantasy points.

WR #3: TY Hilton- Hilton had a strong game for the Colts this week.  He continues to be an intricate part in the Colt's passing attack led by rookie QB Andrew Luck. Hilton had 6 receptions for 100 yards giving him 16 fantasy points. He was projected to score 11.91.

DEFENSE: San Diego Charges- I was a little apprehensive about going with the Chargers this week.  They played Cincinnati, who have the offensive ability to put a lot of points on the board. They also do not give up many points to opposing defenses.  I was pleasantly suprised by the Chargers defensive effort.  Even though they lost the game, the defense doubled their projected fantasy points, bringing in 15.

                                                                 Brofists

QB Matthew Stafford- The Detroit Lions QB came close to meeting his projected score of 23.15 fantasy points.  Stafford threw for 313 yards, 2 touchdowns, and 1 interception for 21.52 fantasy points.  Overall, a solid performance from a QB who has struggled at times this season.

WR#1: AJ Green- Green continued his great season with 9 receptions for 85 yards totaling 17.50 fantasy points, nearly meeting his projected 19.98 points.

RB#2: Alfred Morris- Morris ran for over 100 yards vs. the Giants on Monday night football, meeting his projections for the week.

KICKER: Shayne Graham- Graham was new to my team this week, I dropped David Akers because
of injury concerns.  He hit a 50+ yard field goal and had 3 extra points, meeting his projections.

                                                                 Bombs


WR#3 Eric Decker- Decker seems to have completely fallen out of favor with Peyton Manning. This week Decker had only 2 receptions for 17 yards giving him a pitiful 3.70 points.  I have heard that Decker is getting a lot of double teams because defenses have figured out he was a favorite target of Manning in the end zone.  This is probably somewhat true, but I remember watching a few Denver games earlier in the season. It was clear to me, from the way Manning was tutoring Demaryius Thomas on the sidelines, that he recognized Thomas as the better receiver.  I knew then, that it was just a matter of time before Thomas became Peyton's new Reggie Wayne.  I have a bye the first week of the playoffs, but it will be interesting to see what Decker's production looks like vs. a weak Oakland team. I have a feeling Decker will be riding my bench for the rest of the season.


                                                             My Bad Brah

 The MY BAD BRA award this week goes to Donnie Avery. I started Eric Decker and TY Hilton over him this week because I was concerned about his production since he received a concussion a couple weeks ago. Avery had a big game vs. Detroit, scoring the game winning touchdown with a 14 yard reception from QB Andrew Luck as time expired. Avery ended the day with 26.10 fantasy points, 16 points over his projections.

No comments:

Post a Comment